Wednesday, December 11, 2013

This is Africa

We all came in search of something
Something we could see
An escape, a calling, a new life, an experience 
Whatever it may be
We came to taste the waters
To quench a hungry thirst
The undying need to see the world
Even at its worst
What we got was unexpected
And hard to grasp in hand
Our hearts were stopped and broken
But we began to breath again
We laughed, we cried, confronted a world of hurt
But in the end we've lived and been set free
Which was more than worth the work
Out worlds have become bigger 
With history, culture, and longing
But have also been made smaller
As our hearts for home begin throbbing
We are different, but this place it stays the same
It's life, it's sorry, the people it holds
Are all contained in its name
It's no longer an excuse for being late
An item lost, or a changed agenda 
We go home forever changed 
But this.. THIS IS AFRICA

As I go home I'm extremely sad. This experience has truly been life shaping. I would not trade this place with these people for anything in the world. The memories I've made here and the people that I would have never had the opportunity to meet have blessed me so much. They will always be in my heart and these friendships and the bond we have will continue for the rest of my life. Once again.. God has decided to bring change back into my life. A change of heart a change of scenery. But I've learned that if these experiences are the types of things change brings, change will be forever welcomed. I hope I stay in a constant season of change and The Lord continues to bring me to new places and throw me from new heights.

It's time to get back in the air again. I'm leaving the ground I've fallen in love with. But gravity no longer holds me down. This place has given me the wings to be free to fly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment